Welcome to day 28 of the 31 days of mindfulness for the March Mindful Challenge. Today’s challenge is all about the pause. Where can you take a moment here and there to pause as you move through your scheduled day?
Perhaps this mindful pause will reveal new moments of insight, clarity, beauty or simply a much needed break.
Here are a few ideas of when to take a pause throughout the day:
- Every hour of working on your computer stand up a take a pause with a 30 second stretch. Set a timer!
- Before you respond to someone. Take a thoughtful pause to digest what they said.
- When you feel the familiar signs of stress creeping in (headache, tight stomach, clenched jaw….you get the idea) pause and take a few deep breaths (more here) so you can respond mindfully to the situation.
- To reaffirm your intention or daily mantra. “I am calm” or “I am confident” or “I am capable” are all examples of power words that will provide you with the boost you need.
- Between bites when you are eating. Click here for mindful eating tips.
- Pick 3 times today to briefly check in with yourself. How are you doing? How are you feeling? Take a pause to connect with yourself.
- When a negative thought sneaks in. Be curious about it. What triggered it? Where did it come from? Is it true?
A thoughtful pause will allow us to still accomplish what we need to each day, but in a more thoughtful, intentional way.
Share the ways in which you take a pause throughout the day!